Thursday, October 22, 2009

San Francisco Chronicles

Some pictures from my recent San Francisco trip; proof I was actually there. 



 
 


Archive from October 6, 2009:


 I had the great joy of spending last week in San Francisco visiting my lovely sister.  It was a relaxing, happy week of ideal weather which made it perfect for walking around and getting to see a different part of the city everyday; thank you sunny, but not humid weather.  Throughout the trip I carried around a small drawing book to pass the time in buses and trains, going from place to place, in bars, restaurants…to keep the mind and hand limber while away from the studio.
I realize that none of the drawings depict being in San Francisco. They could have been drawn anywhere, which is for better or worse?  I promise I was there, people saw me.  Guess it goes to show how much I’m not really interested in drawing from the world of appearance these days…it’s like playing the game ‘I Spy’, but interiorized.

You can click on the image to see full size.  Enjoy:

















No comments: