Sunday, March 7, 2010

Zach Galifianakis helps alleviate sinus pressure

 There's little doubt being sick sucks: sinus congestion headaches,  soar achy body, so a little while ago when I was out of rotation I resigned myself to laying in bed and spending most of a day and half watching online PBS and Netflix video. Some I can recommend in case you're sick or just feel like watching a educational video for the hell of it are the NOVA, 'What Darwin Never Knew which talks about the DNA genome project where scientists are able to trace and locate specific strands in DNA responsible for particular functions of our body and minds.  It also gets into our evolutionary tree of life branching all the way back to our connection with fish. There is the Frontline special, Digital Nation which gets into growing up in a era of text messaging and online existence setting precedence over more tangible realities and anticipates virtual futures.

Now I'm feeling better, (lots of saltines, oranges, and water worked for me) but there remains so much interesting and informative subjects on that site like the one I just watched from Faces of America called, Know Thyself.  It gets into the ancestral history of where we come from following the lineage of several 'famous' people using DNA sequencing and makes connections with those people to other 'famous' people on the program to show how closely connected we are to each other.

All in all I wanted to post about these things because I do find this information useful and encouraging in a way that I think benefits anyone willing to watch and listen to them.  This being said, New York I Love You eases the pain too.

Information is Knowledge is Power.  Just planting seeds.

PBS starting line

No comments: