Tuesday, September 7, 2010

AOS

I still kick myself for not buying that Austin Osman Spare book I looked through in some small occult bookstore somewhere in Atlanta so many years ago.  I had only heard of him at that time but never seen his work printed before.  I was mesmerized by his line work and imagery and felt affinity beyond his name; for his vision.  His art beckons beyond the material, into spirit worlds, and returns with magnificent manifestations of his invocations.




Over the years I've noticed an increase in available material of his work both online and print.  When before I barely found one website featuring a couple pieces of his work, to now there being several poor youtube slideshows and a modicum of websites.  Now I can't afford the nice books they print of his in the United Kingdom.  I hope to find some used in some small remote bookstore someday, somewhere, ...somehow...someway...(segue into song)




For more about >>AOS

2 comments:

Jim said...

I really like how @ 2:35 Babs really gets down to our level and draws us in.
I'll keep my feelers out for the book.

Austin Dodson said...

reaching down to those lower chakras, letting the holy spirit sing through her